Author Topic: Welcome to the new Receptor Forum at Alternate Mode  (Read 8852 times)

TedRackley

• Artist Consultant
  • Cool Kat
Welcome to the new Receptor Forum at Alternate Mode
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »
Hi guys,

Ted Rackley here from Muse Research.  I'm here to answer questions about the Receptor and to help direct you to getting some of the best sounds available for use with your DrumKATs, TrapKATs and MalletKATs.

Whether you are an eDrummer using TrapKAT or DrumKAT or a mallet player using a MalletKAT, I am here to help you find what you're looking for.  I stay as current as I can with the most popular and best sounding virtual instruments and sample libraries.  For example, if you have the Kontakt 2 plugin from Native Instruments installed on your Receptor, you've got the most powerful sampler in the world.  As a mallet player, this opens you up to a vast world of sounds needed by Orchestra Pit Crews, Marching DrumLines and Broadway-style theater productions.  Check out the percussion libraries from the Vienna Symphonic Library and the Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection.  These will provide you with a wide variety of mallet instruments, plus allow you the flexibility to play things from your controller such as Tam Tam, Cymbals, Timpani, Snares, Castanets and many other sounds.

If you are a MIDI drummer, then you will be able to do amazing things with DrumKAT and plugins like fxpansion BFD and all of it's expansion packs, Drumkit From Hell Superior(DFH) and it's expansion packs, Battery from NI and it's expansions, and also Stylus RMX and the SAGE expanders from Spectrasonics.

Intrigued?  Excited?  Post questions here and hopefully we can take your music and productions to a whole new level, and multiply your abilities in your chosen fields of academic and professional music.

Thanks, welcome, and let's begin!

ecmick

• Alley Kat
Re: Welcome to the new Receptor Forum at Alternate Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:11:23 AM »
I am considering purchasing the muse receptor AM, but have questions on how to incorporate it with electronic drum pads and a roland module.  Would the receptor work with a TD-6v module?  If so, is it as simple as connecting the receptor and the module using midi cables? 
Thanks

TedRackley

• Artist Consultant
  • Cool Kat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:19:34 PM »
Hi ecmick,

Yes, it is that simple.  Just plug a MIDI cable in.  The only thing to make sure of on the software end is to make sure that the drum pads are sending the right notes to DFH Superior, or that you have loaded a Roland MIDI map into DFH, so that when you hit the snare drum, you get the snare drum instead of something else like a crash cymbal.

-Ted

drum4u55@aol.com

• Alley Kat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:58:31 AM »
Hi Ted,
I'm currently an owner of a Muse Receptor AM and have decided to upgrade my hardrive from 160 to 400 gigs.  I've just received the new hardrive but I realized that I don't have the original disks for DSFH/Vintage or the add-on.  The software was pre-installed!  Is it possible to transfer the software/license from the (160g) hardrive to my new (400g)hardrive?  How are these situations typically handled.  I certainly don't want to be forced to by a new copy of DSFH.
thx for the help
Matt

Kevin Hubbard

• Alley Kat
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
Hi Ted,

I'm in a similar boat myself. I've posted on the KVR forum and on the BFD forum trying to look for answers. They've lead me here. So here's my problem…

I upgraded my Receptor AM (Revision C) to a Receptor PRO. Naturally, since I have a new hard drive on the Receptor I now have to replace all my plug-ins and libraries. Well, that's where the snag begins.

Originally, I backed up my files onto a separate hard disk. I couldn't get my PowerMac G4 to grant permission to copy all of them and reconciled myself to the fact that I'd have to re-install several of them from the DVD. BFD was one of those plug-ins. I downloaded the Receptor-ready plug-in from the Plugorama website and installed the plug-in without problems. I followed the Plugorama instructions to the letter, installing the respective files in their recommended places.

Then it was time to fire up Receptor Remote and get a kit up to test. Guess what…no kits!! I have the name of the kit on the screen, but there's no sample loading into BFD! I'm not sure what the problem is, and would sure appreciate some guidance on where to go from here.

My data path currently is C:\Samples\FXpansion\BFD

Sorry to have to dump this on you in the middle of a brand new forum, but everybody says this is the place to come.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kevin

MalKat

• Cool Kat
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 09:53:58 PM »
Hello,

Quick question - is there any way to audition all of the sounds included with the Receptor Komplete package? It's hard for me to plunk down that kind of change without a live demo.

dave_b

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Being funny is not anyone's first choice. W.Allen
    • Dave's homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »
If it helps, a lot of the software that generates audio can be demo'd on the Internet.  For example, there's an Absynth 4 demo on the Native Instruments website.