Author Topic: Receptor versions  (Read 6189 times)

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
Receptor versions
« on: December 12, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »
Ted,

Can you give a quick run down or pointer to somewhere the differences between the Receptor, Receptor AM and Receptor Pro are covered?

Thanks!

TedRackley

• Artist Consultant
  • Cool Kat
Re: Receptor versions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
Sure!

The base model Receptor C comes with 256MB of RAM, a 160GB hard drive and the standard Receptor processor.  All Receptors come with all of the plugins listed here:

http://www.museresearch.com/receptor.php?r=plugins

...including the AM version.

The Alternate Mode Receptor includes an extra 1GB of RAM, plus the following extras installed:  NI Kompakt Player, for playing back samples, the Alternate Mode Mallet, Timpani and percussion sample libraries (played by the Kompakt player), and Drumkit from Hell Superior-AM Special Version.  Plus, the guys at Alternate Mode have created a series of Receptor presets that are ready to go for your KAT controller, making the combo as plug-and-play as possible.  Se more details here:

http://www.alternatemode.com/musereceptor.shtml

The Receptor Pro comes with a 2GB matched pair of RAM, a 750GB hard drive and the new "Pro" processor, which makes this Receptor have 25-33% more polyphony power for the plugins you are using.

There is not currently a "Pro" that includes the Alternate Mode extras, but call the guys at AM for pricing, and I am sure you can get an AM Receptor with the "Pro" hardware features.

Michael S Quickenton

• The Kat's Meow
  • Up the Irons
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »
If I already own a DFH license, can I just buy the Receptor with a RAM upgrade, and install my DFH software on it?

TedRackley

• Artist Consultant
  • Cool Kat
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »
Yes, you can.  However, the AM Receptor comes with a special version of DFH Superior that includes the original sounds, plus sound from the expansion packs:  DFH Custom and Vintage and the Vintage Add-On.