Author Topic: upgrades  (Read 6237 times)

gobarb

• Cool Kat
upgrades
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
In the tutorials it talks about updrading to the PanKat2.  Is that something that can be done easily if I purchase the PanKat1?  Also can you tell me the main differences between the PanKat and the PanKatWS in the way they can be "plugged in".

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
Re: upgrades
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »
panKAT upgrades are simply a chip that you can install yourself.   It just takes a few minutes.   Many changes taken place since the first release in February.  So far, all updates have been free of charge.   It will probably remain that way for a few more months.   There are still lots of things I want in there before it's complete.  Knowing me, I will keep updating it until there is no more memory left!

The panKAT WS and the regular panKAT are identical.  The only difference is that there is a "student" version General MIDI sound card in the malletKAT.  It has stereo outs, headphone out and a pair of stereo ins so that you can play with a CD player and hear both on the outs.

bassman

• Cool Kat
    • Youth Orchestra of Calypsonic e.V Dortmund
Re: upgrades
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:21:19 AM »
Working with the PanKat for about half a year now I can tell you it's getting better... ;)
Without it my YouthSteelOrchestra is'n complete any longer. It's always around during rehearsals and on stage. The kids just love it!
(Here is a short videoclip. We are still producing the video and then the PanKat will be proudly presented. Just click on VideoClip at the top of the page: http://www.pan-kultur.de/pan-kultur2007/index_9_102.html )
By the way: How can I get the pan labels? It's a great idea!!!
And are you still planning to bless us with an upgrade chip?
Best regards, DerWerNer