Author Topic: Receptor with BFD working well with TrapKat  (Read 4810 times)

Jovato

• The Kat's Meow
Receptor with BFD working well with TrapKat
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »
I just thought I'd go on record as saying that (after many hours) I've got my settings tweaked enough on my TrapKat and in BFD Jazz n Funk on my Receptor to provide a very satisfying live performance experience.  The most trial and error was to get the hi-hat to be really responsive and take advantage of the full range of hihat samples in the Jazz n Funk library.  Actually, it turned out to be a fairly simple process, and the results are stunning.  I took my TrapKat and Receptor to a Jazz rehearsal last weak and the response was overwhelmingly positive.  People just went nuts for the sound.  I realize that most of you will (wisely) purchase the AM Receptor with DFHS already configured.  However, for those of you who (like me) got a killer deal on a receptor elsewhere or who want to ad BFD to your library, know that the combination works great and can be configured even by a midi idiot like myself.   

tmleith

• Cool Kat
Re: Receptor with BFD working well with TrapKat
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
Have you almost coined a new term that would certainly include myself?  Yes, folks, I too am a "midiot!"  Maybe like Pat Riley and "threepeat," we can jointly copyright.  But then again, maybe I'm such a midiot that I didn't even know people like Vince have been calling me that all along!

Just kidding, Vince. 

Tom

Jovato

• The Kat's Meow
Re: Receptor with BFD working well with TrapKat
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »
Have you almost coined a new term that would certainly include myself?  Yes, folks, I too am a "midiot!"  Maybe like Pat Riley and "threepeat," we can jointly copyright.  But then again, maybe I'm such a midiot that I didn't even know people like Vince have been calling me that all along!

Just kidding, Vince. 

Tom

Funny you should mention that.  "Midiot" is how I've been describing myself to friends and family since I took this TrapKat/Receptor plunge.  I almost sold each of them at least twice before my frustration level normalized.  Now that things are working for me, I'm really glad i decided to hang in there.