Author Topic: Receptor is restarting when Pitchbending down  (Read 7091 times)

tutibueno

• Cool Kat
Receptor is restarting when Pitchbending down
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:45:44 AM »
I have one pad with two notes using Multi mode, then another CTRL pad Pressure as Ptichbend Down. On Receptor I am choosing any Synths mult pad.

OK, now when I strike the Multi pad and I want a Pitchbend down, the receptor is restarting whe I press the CTRL pad... very odd. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tuti

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
Re: Receptor is restarting when Pitchbending down
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 04:32:44 AM »
By "restarting" to you mean actually the Receptor is rebooting or do you just mean the pitch bend position starts from the beginning?

If the Receptor is rebooting, it sounds like you could have severe power problems...

tutibueno

• Cool Kat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:14:16 AM »
Thanks for your reply pljones,

Yeah, you got it right, the receptor is rebooting (fast rebooting like when you tripple-click the power button), the pitch bend is apparently doing its job right (from the drumkat point of view).

I am not sure if there is something wrong with power b/c I can instantiate many plugins at the same time, including DFH Superior, Atmosphere, Guitar Input with Guitar Rig 3 as an effect plugin, Line input with effects and not to mention that all channels have their own set of effects plugins instantiated as well. So, I can say that I push the receptor hard.

But this pitch bend issue happens either when I have many or just one plugin instantiated.

This is what I have for the pad cofig:

Pad 6 = CNTRL PRESSURE
PITCHBEND DOWN Bch1
range=127
crv=01

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 04:28:20 AM »
Have you posted on the Receptor Support forum?  (I don't actually have one, so I can only guess..!)

tutibueno

• Cool Kat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:25:50 AM »
Fortunately I won't have to open a ticket at Muse. A synth plugin that comes with receptor called 'LOG Synth' was making the receptor to reboot when I was doing the pitch bend down. I've installed Absynth from Native Instruments and it is running flawless. Issue solved!

Are you planning to buy a receptor?

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »
I'd open the ticket anyway, if it's one of the plugins they supply! :)

No, I don't need a Receptor.  I think they're a great idea if you gig a lot and want something more rugged and reliable than a laptop.  But my tower PC does well enough (just) for the amount of playing time I get.