Author Topic: Music Discussion  (Read 9576 times)

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
Music Discussion
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Our forum friend   REF  posted this

Mario, I was wondering if someone wants to discuss music in general or relating to what they play in their group or studio or on their KATs (not necessarily performance vids to share) there doesn't seem to be a place on the board to discuss or share any of that particular subject. Might a spot be placed on the board to open up that area of discussion? It isn't necessarily MK, TK, DK, or PK related; not tech/problem related, not composition or gigs, and not Muse Receptor. Nowhere to really get into it on the board.

GREAT SUGGESTION..    Here we go

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Music Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
Hey, great deal, Mario. Thanks!

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »
Trouble getting started here?  See if this helps.

I was looking around on YT the other day & saw this : One Man Band : Piano / Bass / Guitar (David Meesha). Look in my favorites on YT,I'm trying to fill it with interesting vids.
check out: Worlds largest guitar--I just found it..or Vadrum-he's been viewed a couple of times!!
When you see entries like these on YT ,that " other videos from"...&" related videos" ...will 'refresh'. & when that happens all sorts of cool vids pop up.I believe that it the coolest function of YT. It can influence your thinking & perspective.
 It may even change your outlook & influence what you do next.It may alter the "concept " of a omb. Some people are 'already' a omb & might not even realize it.Others ,you know who you are, are involved ,too.

It might not have anything to do with AM (forum).See what's piling up in "My Favorites" (O V channel).

But in this vid  David's right hand is playing on a keyboard,--his left hand is playing guitar--his left FOOT is playing a bass guitar barefoot (what ?)--& I can barely make it out,but his R foot appears to control sustain pedal to keyboard !!!! Inter-action here--NOT HUMAN (REF) with others... he's no strolling minstrel...AWESOME ! plus,his 'song'  SOUNDS COOL ,TOO ! His melody is already 'stuck in my head a little'.

Any solo entries in contest might fit in here.But what happens is: new discoveries for all.
I never really viewed YT until the contest--all of a sudden ,I have my own channel ! & I wasn't really using the "internnets","-- a series of tubes"..haha @ all. Or even E-mail. Thanks for the contest,  Mario!!!!..... & I had my rig turned off for 3 years !!! I believe I'm back to FULL POWER--"I'M GIVIN HER ALL I GOT,CAPTN"

I'm loading up my Favorites ,now,take a look,it will be worth your while ! The first person to request to be my "FRIEND" on YT was someone named "DRUM PROFIT".I didn't even know what (friend on YT ) that meant,but I accepted ,anyway.Can always undo,right ? My first compliment in the forum was Vince ! Anybody catch that ?
Then I met Ray & others.& all you guys, OK girls ,are included with guys here--just not enough of you in here yet.

I almost "had a cow " with REF & now HE"S my friend ,too. Ray..... & I think me & Vince have ganged up on him, a little , & I think his outlook is changing. (is it,bud ?)
Ray started this good topic & it was just sitting -waiting for posts.I thought I'd kick it in the ass ! (pardon my fowl mouth in here ,haha.)
 So have a look,get  new ideas, & START POSTING ON THIS TOPIC !!  It's a good topic & it's blank right now.

Say anything you like or disagree or whatever--that's what the forum is for ,right ? But note: AS SENSITIVE ARTISTS,WE SOMETIMES TAKE STUFF WRONG--...& I noticed a little sniping here & there. Lets all try to be less defensive ,OK ? "Can't we all just get along?"

Calabunga,Dudes.....don't you love that episode with the White Stripes & Bart playing drums....where they crash on the blind corner ..I fall off the couch laughing every time I see it---I don't think it will ever get old !!  But Lisa was miffed on that episode & I love her & her saxamophone ...."DOOOOUGHH" !!! ... START POSTING !!!!!  orb rev 2.0

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:40:17 AM »
Drum Prophit (Prophet?) I posted about him somewhere. Maybe the contest thread? Is he the guy with the high density sound control foam behind him?

I think no one posted on this thread because it is an announcement post, and the thread I started about what music you play with your KAT is the first thread in the section. But this works, too. I'll have to take a look at what you are referring to.

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
Rob, add a web address to your file so it shows up in your posts. Your youtube address.

jennyjam

• Cool Kat
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »
Music is something one cant stay without.. Can anyone tell me about the best jazz music?

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
"Best" is so subjective. And then there are genres. What type of jazz are you referring to?

dinnerpianist

• The Kat's Meow
  • see Wyncote Academy faculty for bio
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
The term jazz to me is a verb not a noun.  I think it best for someone wanting to experiment with creating music to just take a simple piece and see if one can alter it somewhat. A book on theory regarding basic harmony, passing tones, neighboring tones would be the first step. When one hears a performer doing their own version of a standard and is moved then see what changes they made to the stock tune. 

rogerborg

• Alley Kat
    • http://parisbynight.com.au/
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
Drum Prophit (Prophet?) I posted about him somewhere. Maybe the contest thread? Is he the man alongside the tall occurrence sound control foam behind him?
I think no one posted in this thread due to the fact it happens to be a announcement article, and the thread I launched as to what singing you play along with your KAT is the first thread inside the section. However this works, too. I'll have to check out at precisely what one is referring to.

kate90

• Alley Kat
    • commercial sound
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »
Hello is there someone? I refreshing the thread but I think its worth, I like j-pop music and J-rock which are quite interested for European guy like me

gmbydmit2

• Administrator
  • The Kat's Meow
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
Hello is there someone? I refreshing the thread but I think its worth, I like j-pop music and J-rock which are quite interested for European guy like me

Am I missing something. Is this what happens with auto-translate?

KatTrapper

• The Kat's Meow
  • This can't be happening...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 06:50:07 PM »

Am I missing something. Is this what happens with auto-translate?
Unless Kate90 (strange name for a "European guy...") is a 'bot, I think he's trying to resurrect this thread to discuss music. Maybe j-pop and J-rock are actually jazz-pop and Jazz-rock? I dunno.......

This could have been an interesting thread. Too bad it died so quickly. Maybe other people, like me, didn't really notice it until a substantial amount of time (years?) had passed since the initial post.

gmbydmit

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • legend in my own mind!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 03:24:21 PM »
i think this thread ought to be resurrected because a thread or discussion area for whatever anyone wants to discuss, that may or may not pertain to AM or KAT, needs a place and as Mario originally said....here you go

gmbydmit

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • legend in my own mind!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
for those who get DRUM! magazine, you probably already saw the article in issue #226 (April 2015) has an article on page 69 called ' Multipad Madness ' by Norman Weinberg..

It is worth a read, cuz our  KAT / AM products got some nice press, and compared to the big guys' products...Alesis, Roland, etc....our DrumKat and TrapKat and even the KAT KTMP1 faired well and IMO are still very relevant and topnotch products.

I am proud of Playing AM products! and I also think its worth a read

(if you dont get DRUM! and would like to check this out, shoot me a PM and I will try to get a copy to you)

Tim