Author Topic: What Kind of music are you playing?  (Read 17865 times)

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
Re: What Kind of music are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
Acoustic Progressive. Interesting. What does it sound like?

dave_b

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Being funny is not anyone's first choice. W.Allen
    • Dave's homepage
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
I'm doing standard cover band stuff with mine.  90% acoustic drum simulation, 10% other sounds to fill out the song.  I was triggering sequences at one point, but we've drifted away from that as a band.  Nothing too exciting, really.

Michael S Quickenton

• The Kat's Meow
  • Up the Irons
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »
Acoustic Progressive. Interesting. What does it sound like?

Well... maybe it is just rock.

My guitarist calls it progressive. I think he says that because we are kinda all over the place. We aren't trying to be anything. Just playing what gets us off.

We have some grungy ballad stuff, indie jammy stuff, sabbathy bluesy stuff etc...

jennyjam

• Cool Kat
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 07:33:35 AM »
The Music collection shoud be a unique collection of diffrent mixed together. Can you give any idea?

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 07:54:50 AM »
Ah. Spammer. Should have seen that to begin with.

drumrollpleeze

• The Kat's Meow
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »
What kind of music.....whatever I can get hired to do... ;D
My first edrums were Symmons SDS9 waaaaaay back in 1986, playing almost all rock then, but then went with a rockabilly group....couldn't get the snare snap so went back to my trusty Ludwigs. A couple years ago, health problems forced my out of acoustic drums....had to have something where I didn't have to reach so far and hit so hard.  :( Bought a Hart Prodigy set with Alesis DM5 and away I went. Then I found a used DK10 on ebay....dumped the Harts, kept the Alesis. Been playing waaaaay too much country these days, but now I've found a used Trapkat and....a good variety band. :) New group's doing a mix of 50's/60's rock, country, blues, latin.....having way too much fun, and....I just might even learn how to get this Trapkat set up right.... ;D

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »
What is the reaction from audience when seeing and hearing the KATs?

dave_b

• Dave's homepage
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 10:17:34 PM »
In my case it's been very positive.  The samples sound great through the PA and the audience members who realize what I'm doing dig it.  I usually get one or two people asking for a tour of the kit each month. 

A club owner once passively complained that his audience wanted acoustic drums, but he appeared to be projecting his own issues. 

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 08:03:38 AM »
Man, that seems strange. The audience wanted acoustic drums for what reason? I will admit acoustics have alot more action going than playing on a TK. Not alot of arm movement involved, no shiny cymbals wobbling around, etc.

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »
Maybe you should try lighting your DK on fire or throw it through a Marshall. I'm sure Mario would be happy to sell you a new DK after every show.
I told you showmanship counts for extra points !!!

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »
Just don't put any double explosions in your kick pad & blow out your lead guitar players eardrums,Keith.

I'm leaving to "windmill" my Dynacord Rhythm Stick !!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:54:39 PM by X »

drumrollpleeze

• The Kat's Meow
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »
What is the reaction from audience when seeing and hearing the KATs?

Very few comments from the audience....got more from some of the musicians I've worked with.
Most common....."I didn't come here to hear a damned drum machine!"......then....."Sticks? You mean you really have to play that thing......cool!"

dave_b

• Dave's homepage
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
Man, that seems strange. The audience wanted acoustic drums for what reason?
In my case it was the owner, but he was clearly someone who associated electronics with effete pop music.  We've all known insecure guys over the years who actively avoid bands/artists that might bring their masculinity into question. 

prince

• Cool Kat
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
I am playing rock mostly but also trying to "imitate" a bit of pop here and there. Jazz is also on the list, but since my music taste is very colorful I would not like to be put into a specific corner. It's the same with my taste for fashion since I like the most modern stuff and also antique used watches at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:11:10 AM by prince »

rhythmatical

• The Kat's Meow
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »
I play mainly rock, pop, country, some blues and a little jazz, and contemporay christian and praise & worship.  Lately I've been using my DrumKAT as an add-on to an acoustic kit for percussion and electro sounding kits.  Recently I used the DrumKAT to triggered an awesome thunder sample out of Battery 3...in church...for a worship service.  That was nothing short of very cool! People didn't know it was coming, not even the Pastor.  After we finished up the song in the first service the Pastor came up to speak and told the congregation we must be having some major audio problems....Ha Ha!  I had to tell him in between services there was no problem.  ;D  Anyway, I've also been using the TrapKAT as a practice kit since I have no room to setup an acoustic kit in my home.  Would like to venture into melodic/textural drumming when I can find the time.