Author Topic: NEW FOR 2010! ya gotta check this out  (Read 24350 times)

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
NEW FOR 2010! ya gotta check this out
« on: January 08, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
Happy New Year!

As I promised, check out what's coming.

http://www.alternatemode.com/2010

This is just the beginning!

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
Re: NEW FOR 2010! ya gotta check this out
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
Woo, they look like the business!  Can't wait to hear more on the pedals -- and I know there's plenty of interest going to be raised by the DITI and E-Rim!

Oh, and are these going to appear on http://miditronix.com/ ?

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:13:44 PM »
Great news !

So we finally have a superior trigger interface ?  The  DITI is the modern KITI ?  Drastically improved ? More inputs, I see.

Any list price yet ?

But did I read this right   :  "Each pad is 'preassigned' its own channel, MIDID note number, velocity range and response curve - which can be fully "trained" for superior response. "

'preassigned'  or just ' assigned' ?   Just curious.Pardon me if I'm thinking wrong.

I would expect the E-rim pad to be very well received.Great product.There does seem to be a pedal void...until now ?

Vkat

• The Kat's Meow
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
Great job Mario!

DITI:
Yes, the DITI looks like it's to be the new Midi KITI (but on steroids).
I'm curious as to the "1024 levels of dynamics".  
The old DDrum had something like those numbers, but it also had on board sounds that could respond to that resolution.  Midi only has 127 levels of dynamics (velocity), so I would like to see
how DITI uses it.

The Kat Pedal Pro:
Will you offer just the "FSR bumper sensor" as a replacement to the old Mini-Kick?

The E-Rim:
Looks to be the replacement of the old RimKat/RimPad, but with 3 zones instead of just 2.
(EDITED: I now hear they will be available for different size rims - excellent!)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:56:37 PM by Vkat »

suavekeith

• The Kat's Meow
  • DrumKat 3.8, DKFH Superior, DM5
    • www.CajonDrumming.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
It's great to see some of the new products. Can't wait to try the E Rim, I like things that make merging electric and acoustic kits easier.

Interested by the Kat Pedal Pro, any chance of a picture?

Looks like 2010 could be a exciting year for edrums.

jrcel

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Drumkat Turbo, DFH Superior, Emulator X, Dauz pads
    • Jim Lofrano
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »
Yay! Go team Kat. Been waiting for a long time for this, bought some other stuff but there's nothing like a Kat.........nothing.

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
    • Alternate Mode
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
Answers to some questions.    Each trigger of course will have its own MIDI channel, note number,velocity info, blah blah blah....The 12 inputs are stereo.  What will be selectable is how the trigger inputs are configured.  For example, two zone trigger, trigger and membrane switch (roland), or FSR powered trigger (a first...meaning more pads coming)

There will be different size e-Rims.  On the 14", just two inches of the drum are taken by the eRIM.  The remaining 3 inches are in the back.   As the drum sizes get smaller, the proportion will be the same so that it only occupies a small section of the drumhead.  The final eRIM will also have a rubber bumper in the back for rim hits.

The KAT Pedal Pro.....after playing on this thing, you will never want to play anything else.  I've been testing it again today....OMG.  It feels just amazing.   We really needed a hihat pedal that had a separate trigger for the chick, and the FSR bumper allows us to have a really dynamic trigger.   When used with the DITI, a stereo cable will send out both controller pedal information and trigger output independently. As a bass drum trigger...well....its a bass drum pedal and feels just like it.

Sorry I don't know prices yet.  We are leaving for NAMM tomorrow,and will learn more about these issues.  We are hopeful that we will begin shipping by the end of Spring (yes, this year!)  I know, I know, I'm hopefully NOT dreaming.

We are out hiding folks...can't wait to tell you the real BIG news!!!!!

vindrums

• Drumming music with Vince
    • Drum Music Electronic
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
     thanks for that update! A little bit of information goes a long way!!
    These all sound like really great ideas....A kiti or diti that can also do rland drums, as well as the new fsr pads we've been expecting. This is really big news!
    The e-rims also sound like a really great idea....taking that two inches you don't play near anyway.....and adding all this pad potential! These will be a very nice way to add e-drums to your acoustic kit while keeping basically the same footprint....very cool! I know many that will dig this! Right now, my e-drums take up 180 degrees of my kit....with these, I could have the whole kit in 180 degrees!! Big News!!!!
    Pedal pro also sounds great! Certainly a new generation!!!! We already had the best hihat before.....now we've set the bar to a new height.
    The opening post left a few questions, but with that little bit of explanation, I can see the future. Only questions left are price oriented......And of course what's in the rest of the new line.
Vince

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
The interface ... this may be an answer to a finger drum set up for me. Two would do it.

On the other hand, uh foot, the pedal is real intriguing. Feel, though. Bottom line. After playing acoustic Yams, Cobras, DWs and others, and liking my OFF SET the best, it will be interesting to see where this pedal fits into the mix.

Still waiting on the "big" news, though.

spottyscotty

• Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:11:32 AM »
Nice, they should all sell well. There must be plenty of users of 'low-end' modules, amongst others, who will spring for the DITI to trigger their VSTs and/or get additional trigger inputs; likewise there will surely be hundreds (thousands?) of acoustic players who will be interested in the E-Rim.

But the dark horse (for me) is the pedal ...
The KAT Pedal Pro.....after playing on this thing, you will never want to play anything else.  I've been testing it again today....OMG.  It feels just amazing.   
... if it lives up to that hype, then it will be a massive success. Nothing I've tried pedal-wise has really impressed me on e-drums ... so far!

Awaiting the rest of the new products now with great interest. That reminds me: why don't we have a salivating smiley?!  :D

Cheers,
scotty

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
Hey,Mario,when will we have a manual for the DITI ?  I always skip to the interesting parts ,first. Is this just a simple trigger interface ?  Or is it loaded up with tricks like a turbo ?

pljones

• KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
    • The Dwarfen Realm
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
The DITI makes me salivate, too... TrapKAT with 24 surfaces, plus a DITI for adding another 24 triggers (12 two-zone triggers, then): you could have a huge setup with that.  Now, if it's got MIDI in and KATalysis capability... wow...  But I should refrain from speculation - particularly as I'm broke already..!

Vkat

• The Kat's Meow
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »
We are out hiding folks...can't wait to tell you the real BIG news!!!!!

Obviously, I would only be guessing, but are you considering making an upgrade available for the drumKat so it would have 9 DITI inputs?  After all, the MidiKiti was a drumKat stripped down with
just the trigger inputs (and simpler feature set).
Also, will the TrapKatXL's new rubber be an option for the drumKat?

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
    • Alternate Mode
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
The DITI is completely redesigned from the ground up.  ALL code is new with new fast processors, a/d converters, etc.
The software engineer on this project is the same from KAT.  He is using the THEORY behind the drumKAT/kiti and renewing it
on this platform.

The drumKAT is fossilized software.  The engineer for that project is long gone.  Sorry.  I am too.    But don't too long........ :P

If I get enough requests for putting the neoprene on the drumKAT, we can do it.  We are actually experimenting with a different material that is somewhere feeling in between the rubber vrs neoprene.    Will keep you posted

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
DRUMKAT : RIP   :'(