Author Topic: NEW FOR 2010! ya gotta check this out  (Read 24384 times)

spottyscotty

• Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
Re: NEW FOR 2010! ya gotta check this out
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »
We should have the pedals in about 8 weeks.  All of the components
are in production.
Mario, a question. With this new pedal, will our TrapKATs require the resistor 'tweak' that you mentioned, to account for the bigger dynamic range of the post-DrumTech pedals? (http://alternatemode.com/forum/index.php?topic=2314.0)
Or will this new pedal respond along the same lines as the DrumTech pedals did?

Bump?!?  :-\

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »
Unfortunately, the bump on the footpedal will not be an advantage for the trapKAT as it does not have a trigger input.
The foot controller will have THREE jacks.  One for the bumper (chick or bass), one for the Continuous Controller, and one for the DITI which is a STEREO jack that sends both info to the DITI on one cable.

The sensor's resistor is optimized and should work better on the old trapKAT, and best on the new trapKAT.

While we are waiting for the physical pedals, my partner is still toying with different resistor configurations.  So adjustments are still being made.

I plan on releasing the price soon with a "pre order" discount on the newsletter.  I think next week

spottyscotty

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 01:18:01 AM »
Hey folks, we gotta keep this thread alive (well at least, given its title, until 2010 expires  ;D )

Late-breaking DITI requests:-

(1) Can its body please be designed so that it can be rack-mounted via a Roland APC-33 sized/shaped plate? I.e. the same size as this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALESIS-ELECTRONIC-DRUM-MODULE-MOUNT-PLATE-YAMAHA-ROLAND-/230502162645

(2) Can it please handle 3-zone cymbal triggers (bell-bow-edge) using two inputs in the same way that Roland's TD-20 and TD-12 modules do?

Part of me hopes that the DITI is a done deal, and so I am way too late with those requests, but there you go....

Cheers
Scotty

raptor

• Cool Kat
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Any news on the pricing or when the new pedal(s) and trigger interface will be available? Pretty quiet lately.

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »
Sorry things have been so quiet.    We are just weeks away from releasing the foot pedal pro.  The pedal is both a bass drum and hihat pedal.  We have an added external beater on it if you want to feel the kinetic strike on the pad.  I will be making a video within the next week or so and will post it on the web.    I'll be using the DITI as the triggering mechanism, so everyone will see that in action as well.

Sorry for these delays.   We are working on at least 9 new products simultaneously, and plan on having them ALL by NAMM.

suavekeith

• The Kat's Meow
  • DrumKat 3.8, DKFH Superior, DM5
    • www.CajonDrumming.com
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
Thanks for the update Mario. Sounds like things are busy, can't wait to see the new products.

spottyscotty

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
I will be making a video within the next week or so and will post it on the web.    I'll be using the DITI as the triggering mechanism, so everyone will see that in action as well.

Mario - just wondering: did this video get made / posted anywhere yet?

EDIT (2 days later): Guess not then!  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:48:26 AM by spottyscotty »

chris_

• Alley Kat
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
Hi Mario,

Any news on the DITI development?

Can't wait to order one!

Best
Chris