Author Topic: Product request...  (Read 4225 times)

Calamari

• Cool Kat
  • Not all here...
Product request...
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
Ok, it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've posted, so I'm still trying to catch up on the changes around here...

didn't there use to be a forum for product requests? If it's still around... I can't seem to find it...??? Could just be me.

Anyway, on to my question:

Is it possible to add customizable velocity maps to the malletkat? I'm considering using MidiOX to do this, but it would add extra hardware to my setup and I'm really trying to avoid that...

One of my ideas is to get more control of the layering of voices and overall response from the instrument (MalletKat)
I've messed around with the presets, but I'm really looking for a little more control.

Has this already been covered in the forum?
I am using the V5 chipset, and I've downloaded the manual for V6 (will probably purchase later this year) but I havn't seen anything about it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Carl

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
Re: Product request...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
The velocity curves are preset and cannot be modified.  Remember that because you have exact control
of the minimum and maximum velocity settings, there really are 1000's of variations of responses.

Perhaps the biggest "curve" is how you train the malletKAT.  It has an enormous effect on how these curves
interact with the training settings.

Remember also that there are BLEND features with the foot controller.  You can call in controller two at the volume you want
by pressing on the pedal.