Author Topic: inHead  (Read 3642 times)

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
inHead
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »
 Tim & I  & another audio engineer tested an inHead made by Aquarian/Midiitronix & I was very surprised by how well it functioned dynamically , even before we tweaked the DK trigger parameters. Isn't THIS product the solution for all the "it doesn't 'feel' like a drumhead" people ?  We had a 14" inHead on a snare.Into a trigger input on a DrumKat.Into several modules & software for comparing sensitivity , curve etc. I believe Kontact worked best as far as the proper dynamic rise of the curve setting. Tim has Kontact, so I was not familiar with all the windows & functions. I called Mario & he led me to the mod,ADSR,curve screen & if you use Kontact with Any controller ,THIS is where all the proper dynamics need to be set up.

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
Re: inHead
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
Orb...

I have found that the VELOCITY TO VOLUME setting in the MOD section in Kontact is the key to getting a
good dynamic response.    Careful not to crank up that setting too high.  The dynamics become unnatural., with
the extreme volumes on both ends

Orb Vroomer

• KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
    • http://www.youtube.com/orbvroomer
Re: inHead
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »
Thanks Mario. After you told me where to look in Kontact , & Tim found it on his soft,we dialed in the dynamic range . When logic failed ,we simply said - { like the eye doctor }   better ?   or worse ?    better or worse ?   & it was very helpful to have a player & a tweaker. Even though we basically had it set real well rather quickly  , we still wanted to further explore the possible best range/curve/etc.   So AM can give everybody the settings like you do when you ship a pedal/trigger , etc. Or the new inHead - THE FREAKIN' REVOLUTIONARY INHEAD !      CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW !!   caps lock off ..

I have more to tell about the set up & testing & also how the dynamic range of the live snare & the sample ( only ) in the headphone combined for a very realistic dynamic sound & feel.  You do need to crank the phones to properly hear the lowest dynamic levels of the sample. But as you get louder , the curve of the live snare bleed & the sample combined for a very realistic playing experience.

Out of the box I'd give it a 9 out of 10.    AM hit the mark with this product.   8)