Author Topic: Crying in the Wilderness.  (Read 1912 times)

tommy thomas

• Cool Kat
  • Malletkat/Gigkat. tommy-thomas.net
    • Tomkat
Crying in the Wilderness.
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
Apropos my previous question, 'Usefullness'? have had 788 views and not one resolution to my problem, about three helpful people, doesn't say much for the Forum, however lets give it another go, anyone know if it's possible to cancel or erase CHAINS?

bradfordwetmore

• The Kat's Meow
Re: Crying in the Wilderness.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:24:49 PM »
What do you mean by "cancel or erase chains?"

• For "cancel," I'm guessing you're looking for something more than switching from the Chain Run Mode back to either the User or Factory kit Run Mode?

• For "erase", are you talking about actually "deleting"/"removing" some/all the 16x16(=256) chain elements, or "resetting the current values back to some default value."

• For the former, I don't think you can, I think the 256 locations (chain#/step#) are permanent and each location has to be set to some value (Kit#/NextChain/Loop).  I didn't see anything in the manual about adding/deleting locations.  And of course, they're only active when in chain mode, inactive otherwise.  I use chains only in show situations or when I am using the same 6 instruments and they are widely spread out over my setups.  (e.g. Vibes=1, Timps=43, Horns=93, Bass=125)

• For the latter, there might be something using the default key (F#), but I haven't tried that.  http://www.alternatemode.com/manuals/malletKAT_manual_0612.pdf  (page 16)

That's my understanding, but someone with more tech knowledge may have other ideas.

Hope this helps.