Author Topic: Fusion players  (Read 4200 times)

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
Fusion players
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »
I'm just curious if anyone stopping in here plays Jazz/Fusion or similar, non-pop/rock-type music on their TrapKAT, or if you know of any drummers out there that do.

I know Wooten plays his own triggering device (or Zendrum) with Bela Fleck. Seems most fusion or progressive is played with acoustic instruments.

I'd really like to see someone playing the TK in a more complex musical format.

Anyone know of anything out there?

zendrumdude

• The Kat's Meow
  • A Groovin' Fro
    • 9 & Zen Homepage
Re: Fusion players
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
Old Thread, REF...

But if you see this, I have used my Zendrum a ton for jazz and funky fusion stuff.  I think you already saw a couple videos from May.  And, I just started using my TrapKat XL as a jazz rig (straight-ahead, lots of bop and "busy" playing. That's what I dig!)  I hope to have video of it soon, but I don't do that too terribly often.  (But I DO often do it terribly!!!  LOL)

I absolutely love the TK XL for this application.  One place I play (and actually a few others...) want live music, they just don't really want to HEAR it.  ("Could you guys turn down?  The people at the table 8 inches from the ride cymbal can't hear their cell phones vibrating.")  The TK is of course very controllable volume-wise, but the pad noise is almost nil (believe it or not, at one venue in particular, it's quiet enough to where this is an issue!!!) and best of all, I can actually play like ME on it at any volume.  I was in heaven last time I played there... and NO volume complaints, all night long (cue the Hallalujah chorus, please!)

Jer

REF

• KAT Diety
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Fusion players
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
Jer, when you do get some TK playing on vid I know you'll post it. I'm looking forward to it.