Author Topic: Hi Hat (Pad) Latency In Close Mode  (Read 1432 times)

MegaDigsby

• Alley Kat
Hi Hat (Pad) Latency In Close Mode
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I’m new to the forums (kinda), I hope this hasn’t been addressed in a post that I couldn’t find.

First of I’m running: Roland Hi Hat trigger pedal -->DrumKat 3.0 --> Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 --> FL Studio --> Addictive drums.

I’m currently running the pedal into “footswitch 3” using Pad 5

Issue:
When I hit the pad, the “open” sound is perfect with little to no latency (as expected), however, when I press the pedal, the closed sound will trigger, but on a delay. At this point, the “closed” sound will play with a ton of latency when i hit the pad. If I take my foot off the pedal, the “open” sound, once again, will play perfectly.

I’ve matched all my setting to the pad editing for Hi Hats video to a T and I still can’t figure it out. It’s only the closed sound in open/ closed mode that has an issue.

I’m perplexed. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

510man

• The Kat's Meow
Re: Hi Hat (Pad) Latency In Close Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
Never owned a 3.0. I've owned a 3.8 and turbo. They have delay settings on the pads. The default settings have some pads with significant delay. You have to go in a shut the delay off.  The 3.8 and Turbo also have a HH 1/4" jack on the right side (as you sit to play). Pedals 1-4 are function pedals and aren't used for HH controllers. the HH controller plugs into that side jack. The 3.0 may be an entirely different design.

Do you have the manual to follow? Have you reset the unit and started from scratch? If you bought it used, there is no telling what all the PO programmed in there. Is there a delay setting in the computer SW?

Good luck.