Author Topic: Can't get Hang Mode to work on User Setups  (Read 744 times)

randomhawk0

• Alley Kat
Can't get Hang Mode to work on User Setups
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
Hang mode works fine on factory setups, but I want to use it on user setups. Both controllers are the same MIDI channel, but that shouldn't matter. I'm not trying to get two different sounds, I'm trying to use Controller 2 to sustain notes indefinitely until I retrigger Sus Pedal 2. That's not working. I've get it to work no problem on factory setups, but I can't save changes to factory setups so that is useless to me. MalletKat is set to polyphonic so that shouldn't be the issue either.

This is so infuriating. I've copied the settings from the factory setup that works, and it makes no difference. Please help.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:19:24 PM by randomhawk0 »

gurney

• The Kat's Meow
    • Homepage
Re: Can't get Hang Mode to work on User Setups
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »
Hello,

I think you really need two midi channels for this to work, otherwise you will get note on and note off on the same channel and there is no way this is going to "hang".

My advice is to configure controller 2 on chanel 2 with the same program as controller 1 (on channel 1). Can you try this and report back?

MarioKAT

• Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
    • Alternate Mode
Re: Can't get Hang Mode to work on User Setups
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
I agree.
You should have the same sound assigned to both Controller One and Controller Two, but they should be on different MIDI channels.  Now they are totally independent and you can control the gate as you wish.