|Search Results for ""
- How do you edit kits in the trapKAT - Detailed?
Editing can be done in FactoryKits or in UserKits. Any changes to GLOBAL settings (Chapter 7) are permanent, regardless of whether you are in FactoryKits or UserKits. Changes made to K ...
- How do you Save kits in the trapKAT?
Changes made to KITs in FactoryKits are temporary (you can change settings in your FactoryKits, but only temporarily - the next time you enter the FactoryKit you’ve changed, it will be back to t ...
- How do you COPY Kits in the trapKAT?
COPYING KITs TO A UserKIT: Often you may like a KIT as it is, except you just want to change a couple of things. This is why we have included a simple KIT COPY feature in your trapKAT. ...
- How do you change from Factory to UserKits in the trapKAT?
The advantage of FactoryKits is that all of the Kits should always work with any GENERAL MIDI sound module - since the FactoryKits can’t be permanently changed. If these FactoryKits keep y ...
- How do you edit UserKits in the trapKAT?
The main difference in editing when you are in UserKits is that every change you make to a KIT is permanently saved in that UserKIT (KIT changes are temporary in FactoryKits). Al ...
- How do you change the Note in the trapKAT?
Changing the Note: The Note is the one KIT setting that is not changed using the KIT/PAD EDIT footswitch. Notes are changed so often that it is given its own footswitch input. There are two ...
- How do you change the Channel in the trapKAT?
Changing the Channel: For most applications, you will find that Channel 10 is the right place to be for drums and percussion. With the KIT/PAD Edit footswitch depressed, hit Pad1. The displa ...
- How do you send Program Changes in the trapKAT?
Changing the Program: Selecting different Programs may give you access to different samples or banks of drum or percussion sounds. To select a different Program, first verify that you are sending ...
- How do you change the pad response in the trapKAT (Minimum/Maximum Velocity, Velocity Curve, Volume)?
There are four main settings that affect the response of each pad. They are Minimum and Maximum Velocity, Velocity Curve, and Volume. The Min and Max Velocity affect the range of how loud or ...
- How do you change the Minimum/Maximum Velocity in the trapKAT?
Changing the Minimum and Maximum Velocity: A Velocity is sent with each Note or sound that is sent by your trapKAT to your sound source. The Velocity is a measure of how loud, relatively, th ...
- How do you change the Velocity Curve in the trapKAT?
Changing the Velocity Curve: The Velocity Curve controls how quickly the Velocity gets louder as you play from soft to hard. The easiest way to understand what that means is to try some of t ...
- How do you change the Volume in the trapKAT?
Changing the Volume: The Volume setting affects the overall loudness of the entire Program of sounds on your sound source. As in other Kit settings, use KIT/PAD EDIT and Pad9 to see: UserKit ...
- How do you change the Gate Time in the trapKAT?
CHANGING THE GATE TIME: Gate Time is the length of the sound. It is the time between a MIDI Note On and the corresponding MIDI Note Off. On many drum machines, Gate Time has no effect. ...
- HiHat in the trapKAT?
Getting responsive HiHat control is a very important part of any electronic percussion setup. In this Chapter, you will learn how to train your HiHat response, select Note and other KIT sett ...
- How do you select a HiHat pad in the trapKAT?
There are 4 basic things that must be done to setup the hihat...
1. Select the pad(s) to be hihat.
2. Define sounds.
3. Assign foot controller.
4. Train your pedal.
When a HiHat pad is played ...
- How do you select the HiHat sounds (Open, Closed, Chick, Splash) in the trapKAT?
DEFINING SETTINGS FOR OPEN, CLOSED, and CHICK: Changing the settings for Open, Closed, and Chick sounds is pretty straight ahead. Here’s how: Changing Open Settings: Editing the Open s ...
- How do you select the HiHat Splash sound in the trapKAT?
When using a HiHat controller pedal, you can also set the "Splash" sound.
DEFINING SETTINGS FOR SPLASH: To edit the Splash settings involves a little more. To edit the Splash Note #, simply hit P ...
- How do you train your HiHat controller pedal in the trapKAT?
TRAINING YOUR HIHAT PEDAL: When you received your trapKAT it should come preset with the appropriate settings for optimum use of either a hatKAT or a footswitch into your HiHat input (Re-init [how ...
- How do you assign the Foot Control Input in the trapKAT?
FOOT CONTROL ASSIGN: The most advanced HiHat control is available from sound sources that use “Continuous Controller” information to create variable amounts of Closed for a HiHat. This p ...
- How do you re-initialize (re-init) the trapKAT?
RE-INIT trapKAT: To Reinitialize your trapKAT back to all of the original Factory settings, simply hold down the GLOBAL EDIT footswitch and hit rimPad15. The screen will say: If you then hi ...
(Page 2 of 21)