The VibeKAT contains all of the expression and dynamics of the legendary MalletKAT, but now offers an entirely new simplified interface.
The concept of the VibeKAT is that each of its 100 User Kits are completely preprogrammed. Features like dampening and layering no longer need to be assigned. The user does not have to program any parameters in order to perform.
This product is perfect for schools and for musicians who just want to call up a sound and play.
- Internal sound card from Kurzweil is accessed with 1/4" inch stereo line in/line out cables.
- 100 Pre-programmed User Kits conveniently arranged into ten sound groups. Kits include vibes, marimba, timpani, xylophone, bells, percussion, drum kits as well as standard instruments like piano, bass, woodwinds, etc.
- Simplified Interface. No programming needed.
- Four octave, solid white body construction.
- Water resistant pads include a coated nylon top that protects the pads from scuffing and from fading in direct sunlight when played on the field.
A Complete List of User Kits is in the VibeKAT manual.
How is the VibeKAT different from a MalletKAT?
The VibeKAT performs similarly to the MalletKAT and offers many of the same global settings to tailor your style of playing - including pad training, thresholds, and velocity curves.
However, keeping the interface of the VibeKAT as simple as possible also means that many user kit settings and parameters are not accessible.The kit settings of the VibeKAT is limited to:
- Octave shifting
- Gate Time
- Minimum Velocity (maximum is preset to 127)
- MIDI Volume
We feel that this simplified interface is perfect for those who are not interested in programming. However, if you decide later that you want the full feature set offered by the MalletKAT, an upgrade chip is available in our online store.